1. Boost your CVReal work experience and on-the-job training will boost your employability prospects. Future employers will value your experience working abroad in another country and another culture. Living or working abroad demonstrates to employers that you can adapt quickly to new environments and you are resilient and flexible. Immersing yourself in a new country is the best way to really learn about the local culture and the way of life. Completing an Erasmus+ internship abroad shows employers that you are independent and you are not afraid to an take on new challenges.
2. Gain confidenceWorking abroad in a new environment will develop your interpersonal and professional skills. Whilst Erasmus+ experiences abroad can be exciting, it can also be daunting. Students will still face challenges in adjusting to their new environment – such as starting a new internship in a new country where you are not familiar with the culture or the language. Overcoming these challenges will build your resilience and help you to gain confidence in your own abilities.
2. Improve your language skillsA work internship in Europe is a great chance for you to improve your Spanish, French, German etc. language skills. Even if you don’t have any previous language ability for your destination, don’t worry – all of the work internships provided are in workplaces or cities where there is a high level of English spoken. However, it’s still a great chance to learn new words in your new language and make an effort to communicate with your colleagues in their mother tongue! There is no better way to learn a new language!
4. Broaden your horizons!Living and working in an international environment will give you a new perspective on the world. You will gain cultural awareness and help you relate to people in and outside of your workplace. You will strengthen your soft skills – such as communication, conflict resolution and team work. Not to mention the fact you have the chance to travel to destinations you may otherwise never travel to!
5. Meet new people and make life-long connectionsOn your Erasmus+ internship abroad, you will meet many new people on your journey. You will meet other students from around the world who are on similar programmes, as well as making connections with your colleagues in the work place and the local people. Guaranteed you will make connections with people during your experience who will become life-long friends!
After Brexit, the UK government has decided to leave Erasmus+, meaning that sadly this opportunity wont be around forever. Foyle International has limited places available for Northern Irish locals to take part in Erasmus+ until the end of 2022.
Applications are currently open – get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and to see if you are eligible.