The Medi-Prep Programme is a 9-month university pathway programme designed to prepare aspiring international medical and dentistry students for application to UK universities.
The course provides:
|Course Title:||DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL SCIENCE OCN-NIAccredited UNITS|
|Hours per week:||25 hours per week|
|Semester 1||Hours per week|
|Communications and IT for Applied Sciences||5|
|Introduction to Biology and Disease||4|
|Human Physiology and Anatomy||5|
|UKCAT, UCAS, Work Placementand Interview Preparation||6|
|ESAP for Science||2|
|Semester 2||Hours per week|
|Biochemistry and Human Nutrition||5|
|Introduction to Evidence-BasedProfessional Practice||4|
|ESAP for Science||2|
- ‘A’ grades at A Level (including chemistry and biology), or an IB score of 38, or equivalent scores in other examinations
- Academic IELTS 6.0
- Minimum age requirement is 17 years old
University Entry Information
In order to be accepted to study Medicine or Dentistry at a UK university students must meet
the following criteria:
- ‘A’ grades at A Level (including chemistry or biology), or an IB score of 38, or equivalent scores in other examination
- Overall IELTS score of 7 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component*
- Minimum score of 700 out of 900 in the UKCAT examinations
- Irrespective of 1-3 above, you must pass a stringent, university-managed interview to secure an offer of a place.
- For a place on the Medi-Prep programme you only need to have the academic grades required and the programme.
* If you do not have an overall IELT S score of 7, but you do have a minimum of 6.0 in each component, you can take an add-on English Language module.
Through the Medi-Prep programme we will enrol students on to an OCN Level 4 Diploma in Medical
Science which will prepare them for progression on to a Medical or Dental degree programme in a UK university.
This diploma is equivalent to a first year in Medical University. Students will also receive intensive instruction in preparation for the UKCAT tests and the university interviews.
Throughout the 9-month period they will be given the opportunity to undertake study visits to health centres, dental practices and hospitals as well as receiving specialist training days in a range of clinical practices and technologies provided by the renowned private healthcare training and consultancy company 3fivetwo-healthcare.
Advice and assistance will be provided on an ongoing basis in selecting universities and completing the UCAS application forms.
Foyle International will help you reach your full potential by providing you with support to achieve the criteria to gain entry into University.