About Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland is one of the friendliest and unique locations in the world, we have a distinctive accent, rich culture and a long history.
Become an international student here and you’ll soon find that everyone wants to know what ‘the craic’ is. We offer a unique study experience; as an English-speaking destination, we are not saturated with international students, giving you the best opportunity to improve your level of English.
Our landscapes are unspoilt and a lot are undiscovered. As we are a relatively small region, it is easy to travel round – most destinations are within a 2-hour drive.
Our school is based in Derry, which is a border city between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and borders County Donegal, one of the islands most stunning untouched gems.
- Northern Irish cities are the cheapest place to live in the UK – Derry being #1 most affordable city in the UK (2019)
- N.I has young population – 40% of people are under 29
- N.I is made up of 6 counties – Derry, Antrim, Armagh, Fermanagh, Tyrone and Down – which are part of the UK. The other 26 are part of the Republic of Ireland
- The border between the North and Republic is invisable – marked only by a small number of “Welcome To Northern Ireland” road signs on the UK side. There are over 300 crossings!
- N.I has a long, interesting history and a rich culture