Foyle International is located in a unique and fairly unexplored English speaking location – Northern Ireland! Located on the border of the UK and the Republic of Ireland, we have the “best of both worlds” – the best of British education and healthcare, coupled with all the culture, literature, hospitality and stunning landscapes for which the island of Ireland is famous.
- Often referred to Ireland’s ‘City of Song’, Derry is renowned for its lively cultural scene, and was voted the UK’s first ever City of Culture.
- In 2019, Derry was voted the 8th Friendliest City in the UK.
- Derry International Halloween Festival voted Best International Experience of the Year sponsored by Tourism Ireland 2018 (http://derryhalloween.com/).
- Derry is the ideal base to explore the rest of the region – to the East of the city lies the stunning North Antrim Coast, home to the Giants Causeway. To the West, you will find the stunning natural beauty and wilderness of County Donegal, famously voted “Coolest Place on Earth” by National Geographic 2017.
- Northern Irish cities are the most affordable in the UK, with Derry voted #1 in the UK’s Most Affordable Cities 2019 (Lloyds Bank).
- The well-known Game of Thrones was filmed at 25 different locations in Northern Ireland (http://www.gameofthrones.com/).
Derry is the perfect place to learn English. It is a relatively small city but packed with lots to do. It is a safe city which gives you the best opportunity to really meet and speak with the local people!
COST OF LIVING COMPARISON
Northern Ireland is one of the cheapest places to live in the British Isles, and Derry has the lowest cost of living in the Northern Ireland region. This is ideal for students who want to spend as much time studying as their budget allows.
Have a look at the differences in price between Derry, Belfast and London to see how much you can save:
|Monthly rent a room||£180-£240||£240-£300||£600-£800|
|Coffee and donut||£3.00||£4.00||£4.50|
|Weekly bus ticket||£11.25||£13.80||£32.50|
|Night in a B&B||£22.00||£40.00||£70.00|
|Night in a City Hotel||£70||£100||£150|
|Fast food meal||£4.50||£5.00||£5.50|
|Fancy dinner per person||£8.00||£12.00||£18.75|