If you are taking the OET exam at Foyle International here is some important information which you will need for the test day. All necessary information will also be emailed to you in advance from Foyle’s OET Venue Manager – please ensure you have ‘foyle.eu’ added to your ‘safe senders’ and keep an eye on your junk inbox!
1. Getting here
We are based in Derry city centre, just inside the city walls. Our address is 17-21 Magazine Street. We are a 5 minute walk from the Foyle Street Bus Depot.
If you are arriving by car then you can park nearby at the following locations:
Free on-street parking is available, although limited at Fahan Street.
3. Where to stay
If you are travelling from outside of Derry and wish to book accommodation close-by, the Maldron Hotel is closest to Foyle International – about a 1-minute walk to the test venue.
4. Test Day Registration – Morning exams (7.15AM – 8.15AM)
When you first arrive at Foyle International on the morning of the OET exam, you will need to go through a registration process before being permitted to enter the test room.
Due to Covid 19 health and safety restrictions, you have been assigned a registration time which you will find in your email approximately one week before the OET exam. You must be present to register at this time. (Registration is usually between 7.15AM-8.15AM)
Late Candidates will not be permitted to enter the test room and may request a Test Day deferral.
What you need to bring
- Photo ID that you used to register for the exam
- Candidate Day Declaration Form, signed
- A clear plastic bag with the items you are permitted to take into the test room
- Stationary – including several 2B pencils for your exams
- Ensure you read OET’s guidelines about the items you need on test day and what you can/can’t bring into the test room!
5. Timetable for OET Test Day
Please note that the times stated in this timetable is when you must be seated in the test room, ready for the pre-test instructions.
- 9.00AM – OET Listening sub-test
- 10.00AM – OET Reading sub-test
- 11.00AM – OET Writing sub-test
- 12.30PM – end of the day – OET Speaking sub-test
Note: The Listening, Reading and Writing tests run consecutively with only authorised bathroom breaks.
6. Re-registering for your Speaking Exam – from 12 noon
After you have completed the morning OET sub-tests, you will usually have a chance to retrieve your items from the cloakroom, leave the test venue to go and have lunch/a break.
You will need to re-register for the Speaking sub-test at least 30 minutes before your allocated Speaking sub-test time.
For more information on OET test day or about OET preparation courses at Foyle International, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org