Erasmus+ is the EU’s programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train gain experience, and volunteers abroad.
The programme looks to deal with specific issues:
- Reduce unemployment, especially among young people
- Promote adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market
- Encourage young people to take part in European democracy
- Support innovation, cooperation and reform
- Reduce early school leaving
- Promote co-operation on mobility with the EU’s partner countries
Foyle International are involved in both Key Action 1 and Key Action 2 projects.