PON C1 English Immersion Programme
What is this course?
Designed specifically for Italian high school groups, our PON English Immersion programmes provide teenage students with the opportunity to learn and practice English in an authentic, learner-centred way and in the ideal location for PON groups.
The course is designed to maximize students’ opportunities to produce English through carefully chosen, interactive activities and in preparation for the LanguageCert Exam at the end of their course. Afternoon activities form part of the overall learning plan and are carefully linked through project-work and discussion to the morning lessons. There are a variety of project strands available and can be chosen depending on the interests of each particular group.
Each student completes an online test before arrival and are placed in a class which will help them to meet their own specific linguistic and communicative needs. The language element of the syllabus to equip students with the grammar, vocabulary, language functions and skills that are appropriate to them, and also to give them the confidence and independent learning skills to continue to develop their English language skills after they return home.
- 20 hours of English per week
- English placement testing & assessment on arrival
- All learning materials/course books provided
- Extended learning activities in the afternoons, with cultural themes linked to morning English lessons
- Full day excursion each Saturday
- 2 evening activities per week
- Language Cert exam and certificate at end of course
- Host family OR Residential accommodation – (breakfast and dinner each day)
- 1-2 students per family, as requested
- Lunch provided at school
- Bus passes (local transport)
- UK SIM card provided for each student
- FREE English course and activities for accompanying tutors
- FREE 100-hour Online English course for students
- Welcome pack with maps and tourist information
- 24 hour emergency support from Foyle International staff
We offer both PON C1 English Immersion and C5 Work Internship Programmes specifically for Italian school groups. We have developed programmes for students who wish to undertake an English Immersion or Work Internship course and both are delivered at our school campus in Derry all year round.
We can work with you on budget limitations and tailor to your group’s needs. For more information on prices and packages, please get in touch with email@example.com