General description The Erasmus+ Teacher Development course is a flexible, tailored solution for English language teachers who want to refresh and update their teaching and language skills.
The course offers a stimulating blend of theory and practice and will equip you with a wealth of practical ideas and resources to inject energy into your classes and enhance the teaching and learning experience for both you and your students.
Every school and teaching context is different – we will work with you to design a course that is relevant to your teaching needs and that is delivered in a motivating yet relaxed atmosphere.
- Course level: B2 – Upper intermediate
- Class size: Maximum 12 students
- Class times: 9.30am-5pm, Monday – Friday
- Duration: 2 weeks (min. 30 hours)
Who is this course for?
- Non-native teachers of English who would like to update and develop both their language and teaching skills
- Teachers who teach teenagers, young adults and adults (12 years upwards)
- Teachers who have a strong intermediate level of English or above (B1+)
Course Structure – How it works
Each group decides how many hours of study they would like to do: 30, 40 or 50 hours. The next step is to decide on course modules, combining the compulsory module with elective modules.
- Communicative Language Classes and Modern Teaching Methodologies
2. Modern Teaching Methodologies – Advanced
3. English Language Development – Language and Skills Practice
4. Teaching with Technology – Getting Started
5. CLIL – Methodologies and Materials (Content & Language Integrated Learning)
6. The Best of Both: British and Irish Culture
7. Drama for Creative Language Learning