WHAT IS EfVET?
EfVET is one of the leading European-wide professional associations which has been created by, and for, Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers. EfVET’s policy and strategy is formulated by its member colleges and VET institutions. It collaborates with, but is independent of all government and funding bodies. Its income is derived from membership subscription, grants and sponsorship. EfVET represents directly the views of its members on VET issues to all the European Union Institutions and Bodies and responds to all appropriate consultation processes.
EfVET offers a network of, and for, professionals to foster connections between researchers, business people and practitioners in Vocational Education and Training and lifelong learning.
Foyle International is a member of EfVET and attend EfVET Annual Conferences.
AIM OF EfVET
The principle aim of EfVET is to provide a transnational framework to support all co-operative actions aimed at enhancing and improving technical and vocational education and training; in particular:
- to facilitate networking and partnership
- to stimulate creation of co-operative projects and thematic networks
- to enable widescale promotion and dissemination of innovative measures and transnational projects
- to provide technical support and advice to its members and help them access E.C programmes
- to act as an agent for collaborative projects with TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) organisations outside Europe
- to represent the views of its members issues in the European public forum and provide a platform for the European Commission and others to consult
EfVET’s role as an organization is to promote, stimulate, foster and encourage this process and to disseminate the good practice that emanates.