EfVET is one of the leading European-wide professional associations which has been created by, and for, Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers. EfVET’s policy and strategy is formulated by its member colleges and VET institutions. It collaborates with, but is independent of all government and funding bodies. Its income is derived from membership subscription, grants and sponsorship.
EfVET represents directly the views of its members on VET issues to all the European Union Institutions and Bodies and responds to all appropriate consultation processes. EfVET offers a network of, and for, professionals to foster connections between researchers, business people, and practitioners in Vocational Education and Training and lifelong learning.
- to facilitate networking and partnership
- to stimulate creation of co-operative projects and thematic networks
- to enable widescale promotion and dissemination of innovative measures and transnational projects
- to provide technical support and advice to its members and help them access E.C. programmes
- to act as an agent for collaborative projects with TVET (technical and vocational education and training) organisations in outside Europe
- to represent the views of its members issues in the European public forum and provide a platform for the European Commission and others to consult